Thursday, July 15, 2010

How to Refuel a Vehicle

Our Group Video As a group, we made a video on how to refuel a vehicle. When we did a task analysis, we discovered that there were more than 30 steps for this activity. Margaret, Carl, Joanne and I ran through the gamut of emotions putting this video together. Technology when it works is awesome. Technology when it is offering glitches can create lots of frustration. It's funny beacuse only a few years ago, we only had dial up, but now that we have had high speed, it seems impossibly frustrating to go back to dial up. Technology has changed so much - I remember being on a party line (phone) until I was a teenager - and we didn't have cable until then neither. The changes in my grandmothers life are even more dramatic - she didn't have indoor plumbing until the 1970's. I'm sure the teachers who taught me never imagined that educators would be making their own videos to teach students. I think that after all of our technical glitches, we did a pretty good job. We learned a lot from each other, and brought different strengths to the group. One thing that we learned after doing the voice over was to make sure we used present tense wording.

No comments:

Post a Comment